How would you gauge your chiropractic clinic’s web presence? Do you have a website? Are you active on social media? If not, you might as well not be in business are making it harder to grow your practice.
An online presence is essential in the development and growth of any business, including a chiropractic clinic. Potential patients will be more than likely to search online for information about your practice before they will pick up the phone and call you. What does your web presence say about your practice? Have you evaluated it lately?
Aside from an easily navigable website, social media is a valuable form of marketing for any business. And it comes at a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing. Not convinced your chiropractic clinic needs to be active on social media? Here are five ways social media can help you promote and grow your practice:
1. Spend less time reaching more people. Social media allows you to reach your prospective audience where they are at this very moment. Traditional advertising methods, such as print, radio, TV ads and even trade shows and health fairs are expensive, time consuming and slow. The more engagement you have on your website (for example, Likes, Comments and Shares on Facebook) the more you’ll extend your reach to hundreds if not thousands of potential patients. What’s something you could be doing on social media? Answer frequently asked questions that relate to your industry. Have one of your doctors host a live chat for an hour where they interact with patients. Search for terms like “my back hurts” and “back pain” via Advanced Search on Twitter to find potential clients. There are a lot of opportunities to reach your desired audience, but by doing so in a more strategic manner.
2. Boost your SEO. Search engines will rank your company website higher if there are more back links provided to your site. Twitter, Facebook, a blog and even YouTube provide multiple opportunities to include links to your website and keyword tags that can improve your search engine rankings. Search engines will rank websites higher when they are frequently updated and growing. A properly built blog will grow your website by one page with every new post, keeping your website “fresh” in the eyes of the search engines.
3. Educate and engage your existing and prospective patients. People don’t want to be sold to; they want to be engaged. Take advantage of a blog to provide helpful, engaging information to your patients and prospective patients. Topics such as “3 Ways to Avoid Back Pain at Work,” “How to Relieve Tension by Stretching,” are examples of content you can easily provide on your blog that are both educational and useful.
4. Position your practice as an industry leader. Your level of participation in social media and the content you provide will position you as a leader or a follower in the industry. If you regularly update your blog with educational resources (written in a fun, engaging, easy-to-read tone) and interact with other industry leaders, you’ll gradually increase your standing as a leader in the industry. Keep in mind that there are two aspects to becoming an industry leader: 1) create unique content and share it with your audience and 2) share other industry leaders’ content with your audience.
5. Word-of-mouth referrals the 21st century way. Word-of-mouth referrals are a powerful source of new patient leads for chiropractic clinics. Social media allows you the opportunity to cultivate these leads. It also provides a means of nurturing relationships with referral sources, such as other medical doctors.
Think you can’t afford to be on social media? You can’t afford not to. Your potential patients are already active online, make sure you meet them where they are and establish your clinic’s online reputation.
This post is part of an industry series by Integrity Payment Systems. We like to provide businesses of all industries with advice and solutions they can use. Stay tuned to our blog as we continue to discuss various topics regarding ways a business owner in the chiropractic industry can succeed.